EQUINE MAX – STRAW PELLETS
PelletBeds ‘Equine Max’ – are pellet bedding made specifically for horses from 100% natural British Wheat Straw.
As our pellets are made from springy straw fibre’s they will expand to create a soft, absorbent natural bed which is easy to maintain and long lasting.
During our unique manufacturing process, straw is heat treated, removing all spores or moulds, then are protected with ‘Protek’ a revolutionary anti-bacterial treatment prior to being bagged into 15kg and 1000kg bags. Protek EnviroCair Veterinary concentrate is DEFRA approved and AHVLA tested and is proven to kill 99.999% of bacteria, virus and fungi for up to 14 days, keeping your equine bed healthy and hygienic. Protek is fully approved for competition horses.
Key Benefits of Equine Max
- 6mm soft straw pellet granules – 100% British Wheat Straw, we DO NOT import Pellets or use Rape Straw which is less absorbent
- super absorbent – 315% by weight, 50% greater than wood pellets (independently verified by Bangor University)
- low dust – made from soft, springy fibres, not saw’dust’, helps reduce COPD
- hygienic – heat treated then protected with Protek anti-bacterial treatment
- fast to absorb & expand – fluff up quickly (ideal to start beds)
- tan in colour with natural wheat straw smell
- non clumping
- effortless to use – high porosity makes watering optional; non freezing
- natural straw – no harmful allergens, moulds or wood toxins
- convenient to store – 50% less space than chopped products
- protective – non slip, supportive, hoof friendly & non heating
- non staining – we use no bonding additives
- can be mixed with our Equine Pro pellets to give long term absorbance
- composts quickly – 90% faster than wood without harming soil
- sustainable – straw regrows every year! (wood takes 30 years+)
- offer the familiarity of straw bedding with much greater convenience
PelletBeds are the most absorbent pellet bedding available, offering up to 2x the absorbency of wood pellets whilst containing 20% LESS dust than wood shavings.