consider your carbon ‘hoof’ print by using our natural, sustainable Straw & Miscanthus pellet bedding……then return the used bags for FREE, for us to wash and reuse…..we will give you back up to £6.50 per pallet and it will help reduce waste…..over 5.15 tons of plastic already saved!!!
Spring Sale – Now On!
10% OFF our Equine Max Straw Pellets! 1000kg from £324.95 delivered (inc 20% vat)
Will run throughout March ….while stocks last
We are very pleased to announce our New Sponsorship Partnership with Event Rider Ella Bubb. Over the next 12 months we will be supporting Ella by providing her with our unique Straw Pellet Bedding!
Ella has joined us at an exciting time in the growth of our business as we further strengthen the sustainably of our straw pellet bedding, being the first company to introduce reusable bags, which can be returned for FREE to receive a credit on you next order!!
PLASTIC FREE BEDDING FOR HORSES this winter with PelletBeds.
Pelletbeds is exited to introduce a new plastic free bedding option for horses. We now use recyclable and reusable plastic bags that can be returned free of charge to minimise your plastic waste and carbon footprint.
1. Order our 15kg(16, 32, 48 0r 65 bags) 500, 750 or 1000 kg bulk bags.
2. Return used bag/s in prepaid collection bag.
3. Get 10p credit per 15kg bag (returning 60+ bags in prepaid collection bag) or up to £5.00 credit (on bulk bags) of your next purchase.
1000 kg from £265+v with FREE delivery to most of GB
STRAW PELLET BEDDING
We have been trialing Equine Max straw pellet bedding supplied by PelletBeds (www.pelletbeds.com) for just over a week and are very impressed with the quality of the bed that it produces, and the economics!
For the past year or so I have been using wood pellet bedding and liked it very much. However, the wood pellets are very firm and need to be reconstituted with water before laying the bed.I have also found that the wood pellets discolour very quickly, so I was interested to try this new product.
The straw pellets are much softer than the wood pellets and can be laid directly into the established bed, making a much quicker job. They start off a darker colour, but seem not to get much darker and the bed looks much fresher. They are more absorbent that the wood pellets and even Simon (who seems to want to create a water hazard in his box every night) has a dry bed. I use more pellets for Simon that for each of the others but I seem to use an average of around 3.5 – 4kgs per box per day. This means that the 1000kg bulk bags will last me about 35 days – I shall know exactly how long they last in a few weeks. At a cost of £300 this means that I am bedding down seven boxes for about £8.50p a day (about £1.20 a box). If I were using shavings the cost would be around £13 a day for seven boxes.
The 1000kg bulk bags are rather large due to the soft nature of the product which makes it bulkier than wood pellets, but a 750kg bulk bag is available and, I am told, a 500kg bulk bag could be available if there is sufficient demand.
PelletBeds are the most absorbent pellet bedding available, offering up to 2x the absorbency of wood pellets whilst containing 20% dust than wood shavings.
BENEFITS FOR EQUINE
- 100% natural straw & miscanthus: soft, springy & comfortable
- ultra absorbent 6mm pellets: up to 570% ~ 2x wood pellets
- antibacterial: heated to ~100c, then Protek treated (optional)
- low dust: made for bedding from fibres – not for fuel from dust
- easy: no watering required, softer pellet with high porosity
- safe: no harmful toxins, allergens or fungi, see Toxicity of Pine
- less waste: composts 90% faster than wood & safer for soil
- less odour: absorbed & neutralised quickly
- hoof friendly: non-slip & non-heating; great for laminitics
- cost effective: long lasting(1 bag/week) & quick to maintain
- simple: can be used with other bedding; matting not required
- sustainable: straw regrows every year! – wood takes 30 years+
- fast delivery: directly from our own UK factory(7.5t tail-lifts)
Swab test results below show how effective our Protek anti-bacteria treatment is at controlling bacteria & stopping infections. Protek is fully approved for competition horses and Protek EnviroCair Veterinary Concentrate is DEFRA approved. We also offer untreated pellets if preferred. (Samples taken from active stables after 21 days)
We support British farming, sourcing our straw & miscanthus from local farmers, then process it into our unique bedding pellets. We do not sell fuel pellets or imported pellets, which can be dusty and may contain additives that are harmful to animals.
PelletBeds are available in 15kg reusable plastic bags, which can be opened easily & safely without requiring a knife. We can also supply economic & eco-friendly 1000kg bulk bags.
We deliver using small 7.5t tail-lift trucks, allowing access into difficult locations & can offer timed deliveries aswell as a small bag off loading service for an additional charge. All our pallets include a reuseable full length pallet hood to give the bags extra protection from the weather.