EQUINE PRO – ELEPHANT GRASS (MISCANTHUS) PELLETS
PelletBeds ‘Equine Pro’ – is pellet bedding made specfically for horses from natural British miscanthus straw.
As the pellets are made from miscanthus fibre’s they will expand to create an ultra absorbent natural bed which is easy to maintain and long lasting.
Durning our unique manufacturing process, miscanthus is heat treated, removing any spores or moulds, then protected with ‘Protek’ a revolutionary anti-bacterial treatment prior to being bagged into 15kg and 1000kg bags. Protek EnviroCair Veterinary concentrate is DEFRA approved and AHVLA tested and is proven to kill 99.999% of bacteria, virus and fungi for up to 14 days, keeping your equine bed healthy and hygenic. Protek is fully approved for competition horses.
Key Benefits of Equine Pro
PelletBeds are the most absorbent pellet bedding available, offering over 3x the absorbency of wood shavings whilst containing approx 20% dust.
All our pellets are manufactured in the UK from locally sourced straw which ensures full traceability and the highest quality. We do not sell fuel pellets or imported pellets, which can be dusty and may contain additives that are harmful to animals.
PelletBeds are available in 15kg reusable plastic bags, which can be opened easily & safely without requiring a knife. We can also supply economic & eco-friendly 750 and 1000kg bulk bags.
We deliver using small 7.5t tail-lift trucks, allowing access into difficult locations & can offer timed deliveries as well as a small bag off loading service for an additional charge. All our pallets include a reusable full length pallet hood to give the bags extra protection from the weather.
- 6mm miscanthus (elephant grass) pellet granules – increased surface area
- soft & ultra absorbent – 570% by weight, 300% more than wood pellet
- longer lasting – open & expand gradually to give long lasting absorbency
- simple – can be mixed with our Equine Max straw pellets to increase absorbency and make bed easier to easier to work
- light beige in colour with neutral smell
- clumping – produces less compact & more aerated bed
- anti-bacterial – protected with Protek Equine Anti-bacterial treatment
PelletBeds are the most absorbent pellet bedding available, offering up to 2x the absorbency of wood pellets whilst containing ~ 20% LESS dust than wood shavings.