PelletBeds are the most absorbent pellet bedding available, offering up to ~6x their weigh – 3x the absorbency of shavings.
Key Benefits of our Equine Pro & Max Straw Pellet Bedding
- natural soft straw & miscanthus: made for equine bedding
- ultra absorbent 6mm and 8mm pellets: up to ~ 600%
- antibacterial: heated to ~90 c, then protected with Protek
- low dust: made for bedding from fibres – not for fuel from saw’dust’
- easy: less watering required, softer pellet with high porosity
- safe: no harmful toxins, allergens or fungi, see Toxicity of Pine
- less waste: composts 90% faster than wood & safer for soil
- less odour: absorbed & neutralised quickly
- hoof friendly: non-slip & non-heating; great for laminitics
- cost effective: quick to maintain & long lasting(1 bag/week)
- simple: can be used with other bedding; matting not required
- sustainable: straw regrows annually – returnable & reusable bags
- fast direct delivery: from our own UK factory(7.5t tail-lifts)
Key Benefits of Straw & Miscanthus Pellets
Swab test results below show how effective our Protek anti-bacteria treatment is at controlling bacteria & stopping infections. Protek is fully approved for competition horses and Protek EnviroCair Veterinary Concentrate is DEFRA approved. We also offer untreated pellets if preferred. (Samples taken from active stables after 21 days)
PelletBeds are the most absorbent pellet bedding available, offering up to 3x the absorbency of shavings whilst containing ~20% dust.
We support British farming, sourcing our straw & miscanthus from local farmers, then process it into our unique bedding pellets. We do not sell fuel pellets or imported pellets, which can be dusty and may contain additives that are harmful to animals.
PelletBeds are available in 15kg returnable plastic bags, which can be opened easily & safely without requiring a knife. We can also supply economic & eco-friendly 1000kg bulk bags.
We deliver using small 7.5t tail-lift trucks, allowing access into difficult locations & can offer timed deliveries as well as a small bag off loading service for an additional charge. All our pallets include a reusable pallet hood to give the bags extra protection from the weather.