EQUINE MAX – STRAW PELLETS
PelletBeds ‘Equine Max’ – are pellet bedding made specifically for horses from 100% natural British Wheat Straw.
As our pellets are made from springy straw fibre’s they will expand to create a soft, absorbent natural bed which is easy to maintain and long lasting.
During our unique manufacturing process, straw is heat treated, removing all spores or moulds, then are protected with ‘Protek’ a revolutionary anti-bacterial treatment prior to being bagged into 15kg and 1000kg bags. Protek EnviroCair Veterinary concentrate is DEFRA approved and AHVLA tested and is proven to kill 99.999% of bacteria, virus and fungi for up to 14 days, keeping your equine bed healthy and hygienic. Protek is fully approved for competition horses.
Key Benefits of Equine Max
- 6mm ‘soft’ straw pellet granules – 100% British Wheat Straw
- super absorbent – 315% by weight, 50% greater than wood pellets (independently verified by Bangor University)
- soft pellet – breaks down quickly, reducing possibility of being eaten
- dust extracted – made from soft, springy fibres, not saw’dust’, helps reduce COPD
- hygienic – heat treated then protected with Protek anti-bacterial treatment
- fast to absorb & expand – fluff up quickly (ideal to start beds)
- tan in colour with natural wheat straw smell
- non clumping
- effortless to use – high porosity makes watering optional; non freezing
- natural straw – no harmful allergens, moulds or wood toxins
- convenient to store – 50% less space than chopped products
- protective – non slip, supportive, hoof friendly & non heating
- non staining – we use no bonding additives
- can be mixed with our Equine Pro pellets to give long term absorbance
- composts quickly – 90% faster than wood without harming soil
- sustainable – straw regrows every year! (wood takes 30 years+)
- offer the familiarity of straw bedding with much greater convenience
- come in returnable for free bags, with money of next purchase
PelletBeds are the most absorbent pellet bedding available, offering up to 2x the absorbency of wood pellets whilst containing 20% LESS dust than wood shavings.